2012/05/03

Video Still: Daniel Sanabria, Marine Veteran


Via Flickr:
Part of the Library of Congress' Veterans History Project.


Still from a video interview with Daniel, shot with the Panasonic GH2 mated to the Pentax DA*16-50 F2.8. Minimal grading in Final Cut Pro X. ISO640, F3.2 or thereabouts, 1/50FPS, 1080P24. Lighting was via 2 85watt CFL softboxes.

The Panasonic GH2 continues to impress in these situations. Prices of the GH2 are so low that I'm considering purchasing a second and hacking it. Maybe next time I'll bring the Pentax K-01 along as a second camera to see how it does. I'd really like it to do well, as I'd really like to use the DA*50-135 F2.8 for these kinds of shots. It's a great portrait lens and should perform well for video as well, and let me get in real tight. I could use it on the GH2 (and I have in the past), it's just that I feel restricted by the 2x focal length multiplier of Micro Four-Thirds. That, and that big lens looks kind of silly on such a small camera. I don't even know if the GH2 lens mount is rated to hold something that big....

No comments:

Post a Comment