2012/03/19

Young lovers



Young lovers, originally uploaded by john m flores.
Via Flickr:
At The Cloisters Museum, NYC, with the Pentax K-01

Here's where a rear LCD helps. You can nonchalantly point the camera towards the subject to meter and set exposure and focus, and then snap silently when the decisive moment arrives.

The reds on his shirt are a little strong. I can pull some saturation and perhaps luminence to make the folds more visible, but I wanted to show what it looks like out of the camera.

One note about the lens, the DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited. I love this lens. It's one of the best that I own. But it's a macro with a long throw, so it sometimes takes forever to find focus because the long focus throw. It happens on the K-01, the K-5, the K20d, the K-x, etc... One thing that I've found that helps is to set the lens to infinity focus before using AF. If you do this and point to a place with good contrast you can lock AF quickly. The Quick Shift of the Limited Lenses helps here, as you can do this while the camera is set to AF. Another thing that helps is disconnecting AF from the shutter button. I have my AF connected to the AEAF button on the back of the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment