2012/08/20

Mount Washington Auto Road, New Hampshire

Mount Washington Auto Road, New Hampshire

Pentax Q + Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX + Mount Washington Auto Road + iPad + Snapseed = Awesome.

Took the Q on its second big trip, this time to the mountains and countryside of Vermont and New Hampshire. It's second nature to hang it around my neck and snap photos while on the road. The Apple iPad with the Snapseed app is a great quick mobile editing solution. I've posted this photo and others to the magazine's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/RoadRUNNERmag) and get dozens of likes and comments.

This photo has been heavily altered in Snapseed, but the original file is quite good to begin here. Here's a situation where plenty of DOF is nice to have - when you're standing on the footpegs of a 150 horsepower motorcycle (Ducati Multistrada 1200S) while steering and controlling the throttle with your right hand, all mere feet from a precipice.

The Q has most definitely earned a place in my bag.

2 comments:

  1. Appreciate your work, John. I only recently overcame my small-sensor prejudice and gave the Q another look. I see it now for what it is... a tool that can extend what I do creatively (I'm an old-school film shooter that now has added a K-5 and an old istD (to be converted for infrared) to my arsenal. My Q (01 kit arrived today and I hope to get familiar with it soon). I think it is time for another round of discussion about it, now that the prices are at a very reasonable level ($399 for the 01 kit) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, sir or madam! Yes, the royal we spend too much time sweating IQ when it's the actual moment we are capturing that deserves more attention. It would be great to have a 24mm, 35mm, and 105mm EQ though for the Q system. Will make me happier.

      Delete