2011/08/04

poseur


poseur, originally uploaded by john m flores.

Here's a simple example of the benefit of a flip-twist screen, this one on the GH1. Imagine taking this shot on a dSLR without one. It can be done, but would require a lot or trial and error. Here, in the heat of the Kansas sun, it was a snap - flip out the screen, compose, shoot, check. Done.

Optically, the GH1 is a fine instrument. Some would argue that as far as still images go, it's a smidge better than the GH2. I won't argue either way - they are both good and entirely sufficient for my needs. I'm still working on setting it up in a way that avoids menu diving for my most common method of shooting - M mode with single point AF.

And for the record, I did try to clean this chrome dome before taking the shot, but it's hard to tell if it is spotless while on your knees at the side of the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment