2012/04/03

Like trying to photograph clouds (Cherry Blossoms @ Branch Brook Park,Newark NJ)


Via Flickr:
Photographing cherry blossoms is like trying to photograph clouds. From far away it's an explosion of color and interesting forms, but as you get closer the effect dissipates, until you are under the tree and raise your camera asking yourself, "what can I take a photo of?" The individual flowers are pretty but not stunningly so, and being so close is like being in a fog, not in a cloud. It's an odd thing.

Honestly can't say I was happy with the results of this foray. At first I wanted to blame the Panasonic GH2 and was picking nits with White Balance, sharpness, wrong lenses, etc... But the truth of the matter is that sometimes you go to shoot a pretty place and can't figure out how to wrap your head around it. This is one of those times.

The good news is that my wife really enjoyed the park and wants to go back. So I may get a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment