2012/09/17

Riding up Cadillac Mountain with the 2012 BMW R 1200 RT

Riding up Cadillac Mountain with the 2012 BMW R 1200 RT

This is the first time that I'm using the Nikon 1 V1 in anger, so to speak, a rigged photo from another bike. I bought the V1 because it had several key features for this kind of photography - it was relatively small and lightweight (versus a DLSR), it had very good autofocus, and it had a built-in intervalometer. Initial results are promising. It also had a good working focal length - 27mm eq with the 10mm f/2.8 prime.

I had originally tried these kinds of shots with the Pentax Q but found that it was hampered by slower AF and poor lens selection. The 01 Prime (47mm eq) was nice but the FL was more sensitive to camera place and bike movement, whie the 03 Fish Eye was too wide. If the Q had a 28mm EQ I would have tried that, but alas, I got the V1 cheap and it seems to do the trick.

Camera bike is a Yamaha FJR.

No comments:

Post a Comment