2010/01/17

Me, January 1, 2010


Me, January 1, 2010, originally uploaded by john m flores.

New Year, new goals. Will this finally be the year that I push my photography forward, that I expand my vision to include (un)natural light sources? It's whole new world, using flashes, or in the case of this photo, the light from an iPhone. I've always been fascinated by the glow emanating from little screens, casting warm, digital light upon cheeks and ears. Here, I push a step beyond and use it as the light source in a pitch dark room. The camera's on a tripod and set to take a picture every 5 seconds. I'm in full manual exposure mode, using scale focusing and long shutter speeds and just hoping that some of the shots will come out focused and reasonably well exposed.

I'm pleased with the results, for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment