2011/01/18

Golden girl



Golden girl

Golden girl, originally uploaded by john m flores.
Panasonic GH2 with 14-140/F4.0-5.8
131mm (262mm 35mm eq)
1/2000 @ F6.3, ISO200

I'm enjoying having a long lens again - it's (re)opening creative possibilities.
This one is sharp. You can clearly see the statue's hand resting on the hilt of the sword and the draining holes in the scales. There is some vignetting in the corners at this focal length and aperture. Note to self.

There's been some talk about noise at low ISO on the Internets. It is there, but I'm wondering if the effect is being blown a bit out of proportion. Lightroom 3, after all, cleans it up without much effort at all (or loss of detail), and even if it didn't, I'd be hard pressed to recognize it when viewing at normal sizes (read, no 100% pixel peeping) on screen. I also doubt that it will show up in a print, but I haven't done one yet, so the jury is still out.

No comments:

Post a Comment