2011/08/23

Sunflower


Sunflower, originally uploaded by john m flores.

Via Flickr:
The cats are real jealous - a second sunflower has bloomed in the yard and I've been taking plenty of photos of it instead of sleeping cats. Most recently, I've used a set of Pentax K-mount lenses, the legendary DA35 F2.8 Macro Limited and the well-regarded Tamron 90 F2.8 Macro. Both are great performers and benefit from the added reach of the M43 sensor. This shot, taken with the DA35, was a bit challenging as a light breeze was rocking the tall flower back and forth. Add to that my normal swaying - something I suspect we all do but don't notice until we're trying to hand-hold a macro shot - and it was a bit of hit-or-miss proposition. AF would have struggled here. So I used the magnified focus and when I saw the image snap into focus I would trip the shutter. No have press, no exit. Just click and try again. I'm pretty happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment