2012/03/12

My old Chuck Taylors



My old Chuck Taylors, originally uploaded by john m flores.
Via Flickr:
Am I the only one out there that has an old pair of shoes or sneakers that they refuse to throw away? For me, it's this old pair of Converse Chuck Taylors. My friend Les had purchased a pair around 1987 or so with the black rubber. He paid extra for the black rubber and I chided him for being a poseur. The next time we saw each other, I was wearing this pair, and he called me out. I deserved it.

Anyway, these shoes walked with me through college and even the years beyond. Oh the stories they'd tell! Actually, they'd be pretty boring stories because I was pretty boring, but they'd be stories that would make me smile and cringe in equal measure.

I just told my wife that when my time comes that I'd like to be cremated in these shoes. She said ok and went back to her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment