2011/11/27

Cafe Bustelo



Cafe Bustelo, originally uploaded by john m flores.
Via Flickr:
I love these vacuum sealed packages. They take up less space to ship and shelve. I'd imagine that they are "greener" than the traditional tin can.

The graphics on this particlar Café Bustelo are pretty sweet. Very old school illustration with strong diagonals and a mid-century latina with very red spot color lips enjoying a cup of espresso. The low camera angle and the diagonals conspire to give her an heroic aura.

The logotype is quirky as well, bold with artistic flourishes. I particularly like the little cutout on the F. If you look closely, you'll see that the F is simply a variation of the E to its right. Funny how the two Es are so different.

Little stuff like this adds life to the design. Classic.

This was taken with the Panasonic GF2 with the 14mm/F2.5. I've got the camera on a wrist strap so it's pretty unobtrusive. Stealing shots like this while food shopping helps me maintain my sanity. Maybe I'll build up a collection of supermarket photos and have a show...in a supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment