2012/08/28

Thank you Nikon for this Attention to Detail.

Thank you Nikon for this Attention to Detail.

It's such a little thing, but this is the first rear cap that I've seen with a physical alignment marker. While others make do with little raised dots or triangles, this one is much beefier and truly tactile. I can now install and remove body caps in complete dark and with my eyes closed. It's little things like this that show me Nikon had some smart people working on the 1. You may not agree with all of the decisions that they made, but some of them like this are downright simply innovative. Kudos.

2 comments:

  1. Tamron's caps, at least for the Canon EF mount do this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Horner for sharing. I don't have a lot of personal experience with either Canon or Tamron. Good to know.

      Delete